Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can my current employer ask for my college transcripts?

my manager is asking for my college transcripts suddenly when she never used to. do i have to give them to her?Can my current employer ask for my college transcripts?
Your manager is asking for them? Why? That seems very abnormal.





Do you have a Human Resources department? Find out from them why the records are being requested this way.





Tell both the manager and HR dept that you would like the request in writing with an indication that it is a condition of employment that you supply them.Can my current employer ask for my college transcripts?
You might also try contacting your college. Talk to someone in authority and ask them if they can help you understand why this is being requested.


I never heard of such a thing. In fact I never even heard of a request for grades. It would be interesting to know her motives. (I don't like her and wouldn't trust her.)
If you want to keep your job, yes. It's very possible they have found out that some people have lied about their education, so they are verifying everyone's. They can legally do that. They can't force you to give them transcripts, but can fire you if you refuse.
How bad do you want the job........got something to hide? Perhaps they are thinking of promoting you........perhaps they think you lied on your application.........give it to them or start looking for a new job.......your done there......
Twitter's response is right on. Unless there is clear written instructions that tie the job to a review of your college transcripts, do not provide the transcripts.





Good luck!
Of course - if you want to keep your job.
If you want the job, yes you do. There's no law against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment