Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a transcript...?

I am planning to go back to school this winter or spring. I was in college for a year in the Philippines, and then I moved up here in Seattle. Ive been here for a year now, and that should take care my residency status as a WASHINTONIAN, I have a greencard, I work fulltime and now im planning to go back to school. ARE COMMUNITY COLLEGES GOING TO CREDIT MY SUBJECTS OR DO I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN?I have a transcript...?
Have the transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org





Most schools will require it anyway. They will not transfer over credits from a foreign transcript.





Regarding your residency.... you will need to be able to prove you've lived in state for at least a year by showing a lease/rental agreement, purchase of a home in-state, taxes paid through an employer, voter registration, drivers' license etc. You will be charge out-of-state tuition until you can change your residency status at the school.I have a transcript...?
Make sure the community college accepts evaluations from WES. They may have another service they prefer to use. And, there might be cheaper ones out there. Good Luck.

Report Abuse



You wii have to ask them yourself, depends partly on what you studied but proabably at least some of them

No comments:

Post a Comment