Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you find the start and stop coordinates of a gene and all of its transcripts automatically?

I would like to parse a website to get the maximal 5' and 3' coordinates for a given gene name (e.g. COX2). The website should be able to be queried automatically with software. The UCSC genome browser isn't perfect because it doesn't return more than 500 results, which will not work for some genes (e.g. BAD).





Right now, I'm querying NCBI Gene to get a list of matches for the user to select from. Once they've selected from this list, I need the coordinates. Any ideas are appreciated.How do you find the start and stop coordinates of a gene and all of its transcripts automatically?
I don't know exactly what are you asking for, but if you asked it two days ago anf anybody answers you I'm not the only person that don't know at all what we've to answer.





I'm going to try, and it will be difficult to me because I'm from Barcelona and my english isn't very well at all.





Polymerase does the works to incorporate ribonucleotides in the new RNA. The direction of the transciption is 5'-%26gt;3' . Primase is the protein that begins the replication synthesing RNA primer, but in the transcription is different. RNA polymerase knows the beginnig of the transcription because of the promoter. In the DNA there is a promoter and when the RNA polymerase recognise the promoter (thanks of its sigma factor) it begins the transcription.





1) formation of a closed-promoter complex.


2) formation of a open-promoter complex.


3) initiation of mRNA synthesis, almost always with a purine


4) elongation of mRNA by about 8 more nucleotides


5) release of sigma as polymerase proceeds down the template.





The polymerase ends the transcription when the rho factor recognise the ending of the transcription.





It is the answer of your question??





sorry for my english!!

No comments:

Post a Comment